Best Biceps Exercises For Massive Arm Size
The biceps are one of the most popular muscles to train. They are also one of the easiest to see results on, which is why many people are always looking for new exercises to add to their routines.
Below are some of the best biceps exercises for size.
Place a dumbbell between your legs and do the following:
- Grab it with one hand, then place the top of your arm against your thigh. Your goal should be to keep your arms perpendicular to the floor throughout the whole movement.
- Tighten your core and engage your shoulder blades to create tension and reinforce posture.
- Make a fist with one hand and extend the other arm out to the side so you can use your core to balance.
- Curl the weight up with control, keeping the wrist in a neutral position and emphasizing the squeeze at the top of each rep.
- Hold this position for 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps per arm, or 3 minutes alternating 30 seconds of work per arm.
- To adjust the machine, slide the metal grip down so that it’s resting at the bottom. You should be able to grab it fairly comfortable with your arms extended and your palms facing up.
- With your knees slightly bent, stand on firm ground with a strong back and steady head. Brace your abdominal muscles and straighten your back as you exhale. Curl the weight and move it towards your chest while breathing out.
- The only thing that moves are the forearms, which rise from the elbow as you hold for one second at the contraction at the top of the curl.
- Slowly lower your back to starting position with an inhale before you release the tension on the cable.
- Hang from the bar with a supinated grip. Keep your legs and core engaged to hold still. You can cross your feet behind you or in front of you, as long as they aren’t swinging.
- Pull your shoulders into place by squeezing your shoulder blades together and pressing them downward while shrugging simultaneously.
- Lift your chest to reach the bar by pulling down on your elbows and using your lats.
- Hold this position briefly then slowly return to the starting position. Repeat the steps for the desired number of repetitions.
- Get into the starting position with your palms facing your body, holding the barbell just outside your hips with an underhand grip.
- Keep your chest high and elbows close to your sides, then raise your hands so you feel the muscles in your biceps contract.
- Maintaining tension on these muscles, curl the bar up to shoulder height, squeezing for a second.
- Slowly lower it back down until it’s in the starting position and then straighten your arms fully to tense your triceps as well.
- To start, stand with your feet and keep your shoulder-wide apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold the bar in an underhand grip and extend it to the front of your body, keeping your elbows tucked into your sides.
- Remember to keep a firm grip on the bar and flex through your entire arm as you curl it up towards your chest.
- Sit down, back straight and abs tense, holding one dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up.
- Once you’ve got the starting position down, lift the weights slowly toward your shoulders. Keep your arms tight to isolate and target the biceps brachii muscle as you move only the lower arm.
- Slowly lower the weights to the start position and repeat the movement 10-15 times for three sets.
- Grab an underhand grip on the barbell or EZ curl bar. Sit on a preacher curl bench and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Make sure your upper arms and chest are in contact with the arm pad, chin tucked, and arms length with a slight bend in your elbows.
- Keep a neutral wrist position and comfortable grip before initiating the movement by squeezing your biceps and bending your elbows to get the bar up to shoulder height.
- Then lower it back down until you’re in starting position, making sure not to let go of that underhand grip in between the reps.
Best Biceps Exercises for mass
To build mass we need to lift heavy weights at the same time maintaining good form. Here are some exercises that allows you to lift heavy weights
- Barbell Biceps Curl
- Dumbbell Biceps Curl
- Hammer Curl
- Cheat Curls
Biceps workout with dumbbells
There are times when you dont have access to a gym and working out from your home. You might want to hit your arms with just dumbbells. In such case biceps workout with dumbbells can be useful
- Dumbbell Biceps Curl : 3 sets 12 to 18 reps
- Hammer Curl : 3 sets 12 to 18 reps
- Concentration Curl: 3 sets 12 to 18 reps
Best biceps exercises with dumbbells
Dumbbells are very useful in building biceps as they help in a greater range of motion. Some of the best biceps exercises with dumbbells are
- Incline Dumbbell Curl
- Cross Body Hammer Curl
- Concentration Curl
Biceps workout at home
if you dont want to go to a gym, you can certainly do biceps workout at home. here are some biceps exercises at home
- Biceps Pushup Variation : 3 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Chair Dips : 3 sets 12 to 18 reps
- Towel Curl : 3 sets 12 to 18 reps
- Inverted Rows : 3 sets 8 to 12 reps
Bicep exercises for women
Biceps anatomy is same for men and women. There are no separate bicep exercises for women. Some of the best bicep exercises for women are
- Dumbbell Curls
- Cable Curls
- Barbell Curls
- Chin ups